Let me guess …. You put all your guts to write articles of irreproachable quality? Do you publish articles every week, or even every day? And yet, despite all your efforts, did you take a subscription on page 9 of Google?
Do not panic ! I have what you need ! I told you about a rain of backlinks and it will happen. By cons do not expect miracles:
- The time of easy and effective backlinks is over. You want some ? he’ll have to work!
- Do you still think that by writing bland articles of 300 words you will be able to reap backlinks at your fingertips? Sorry, there I have no solution to offer you
You will understand, get links, it will not happen alone and will ask you days of hard work for each of your articles.
The good news ? Everyone can do it ! Even if you do not have great SEO skills.
And when after months and months of effort you finally get to get the good graces of God Google, all your frustration accumulated over the months can make room for a big smile well deserved!
Er, by the way, what’s a good backlink?
Let’s go on a good foundation. A backlink is a link on a site other than yours that points to yours. The more you have, the better!
Only here, all links are not equal ! Some may even be dangerous for you …. Again our friend Google does not simplify our life with its algorithm Penguin whose goal is precisely to penalize sites that use abusive techniques to improve their positions. .
Now that you are being warned, let’s look at the elements that make a link a good link :
- A link to more weight if it is present in the content of the article. Forget the links in the footer or the sidebar …
- The label of the link must be related to the content of the landing page
- The content of the page where the link is placed should have a relationship with the landing page or at least be in a similar theme (for example, avoid linking to a site of a plumbing company in an article that talks about the last recipe of your grandmother …)
- The higher the authority of the site where the link is placed, the more effective the link will be. Always favor quality over quantity
- It’s better to have 10 links from 10 different sites than 10 links from a single site
All these points are theoretical and in reality, they are nuanced …
“The key word in creating backlinks is diversity!”
That’s what I advise you:
- Diversify the sources of your links : blogs, company, associations, forum, directories, …
- Diversify the anchors of your links , it is very important to avoid the penalties of Google.
- Diversify the quality of the sites that make links to you, privilege the sites with a strong authority but do not neglect the small sites which, even if they do not have statistics of madness, are obviously sites well constructed and interesting. ..
- Diversify the locations. I know, I just told you to forget the links in the footer and the sidebar … Now, if you have some it will not hurt you🙂
- Avoid anchors on your exact keyword especially when it is of the type “plumber Paris”. Google can sometimes be a bit silly but it should not be exaggerated, it could on the optimization, full nose and this abuse leads quickly to the penalty …
Tip: Check the quality of a site in 5s
If you want to quickly check the quality of a site from an SEO perspective, you can use the free extension of the Majestic SEO tool: Chrome Extension Majestic SEO .
To use it just click on the extension button in your browser to get statistics on the page opened in your browser:
- Flow Quote: This is the popularity of the page. Here, it is especially the quantity that is taken only counts the quality
- Trust Flow: Conversely, the TF indicates the quality / authority of the page
- Backlinks: the number of backlinks …
- Referring domains: much more important than the number of backlinks, the number of different sites which make at least a link to the page
To do it properly, the value of the Trust Flow must be close to that of the Citation Flow (or higher of course :)). The higher the ratio CF / TF, the more the site seems to have a “spammy” profile.
Basically, I prefer to have a one-page link with a CF: 15 / TF: 15 rather than a page with a CF: 30 / TF: 5
Well, where are those famous Backlinks?
Ok, the introduction was a little long but at the same time, the focus was needed to go on a healthy basis.
I focused on methods that work on a maximum of markets and I left out all that apply only in certain niches. Here we go !