Do you have a small local store or an SME and you want to attract more people to your business? Surely you’ve heard on some occasion talk about organic positioning or local SEO and how important they can be for any company. Well, if you want to gain visibility in major search engines such as Google, you need to get down to work and make an effort to optimize your website.
A herra lie SEO will help you give a boost to your business. It offers you keyword reports, analysis of the competition, recommendations to solve faults detected on your website … It is very useful!
But in addition to such a tool, you must take care of other aspects in your online presence that will help you increase your visibility in Google . We give you 7 tips that will help you improve the local SEO of your page to get the most out of it. We start!
7 tips to improve the local SEO of your website
1. Include your location
First of all, it is necessary to know if you have included the location of your business on your website. If you want to position it locally , maybe you could start here. Some of the sites where you should not forget to add your business address are:
- Page title. The title tag names your web page and says what it is about, that’s why it’s so important that you include it here.
- Meta description Adding here also the location of your business can help you gain positions in Google locally.
- URL Another element that can help you with the local SEO of your page is to create a page within your website that contains your city or province in the URL. For example, a quick way to do it is in the URL of your page Where to find us or Who we are.
- Headline H1. Add the name of the city or province where your company is located in a header of your page to give it more relevance.
- Header H2. If you can fit within the context, you can also include it in an H2 of your web page.
- In the content. We will see it below, but as is natural, include relevant keywords in the content of the pages of your website is crucial to appear in the top positions of the Google ranking.
- Alt tag of the images . Imagine you have a hotel in Salamanca and in the photo gallery you add nearby sites that may be interesting for your hosts. Perhaps it can be relevant that as an alternative text to those images (you should never leave it blank) add the location of your business, for example, “Cathedral of Salamanca”.
- Title of the images. The same as in the previous case, if you think that adding the name of your city or province in the title of your image is fundamental to describe it, do it. Following the previous example, you could establish “catedral-salamanca”.
Important. Keep in mind that each time you add your location it must fit the context and be relevant. It is useless if you add the name of your city in all the sites of your website in a unstructured or inconsistent manner. Google detects it and penalizes you for it!
2. Set up your page in Google My Business
Still do not have a page set up in Google My Business ? With this tool you can make it much easier for your customers. Finding yourself on Google will be a matter of just a couple of clicks!
Show your contact information, share images, your schedule, address, directions, add your website URL, comments … You have a thousand possibilities! In addition, setting up your company account is very simple and Google has it in mind to position your site.
3. Create local content
Imagine that you are one of these English academies that teach classes only in Lugo. Perhaps appearing in the search results of a person living in Valencia is not your main objective. Your priority is that the people of your city find you and you can attract customers to your business.
To achieve this, you must not only carry out a good inbound marketing strategy , but you must write local content.
Do you know what I’m referring to? Well, write local content is to adapt your content strategy to your target audience, that is, the public of your city. What do you think may interest them? Here are some examples so you can get ideas and start writing on your blog.
- News. Find out what’s happening around you and write about it. Make sure to broadcast interesting things for your audience and do not forget to share it in your social network profiles. You will reach many more people!
- Interviews or collaborations with other businesses. Find allies in businesses near you and get the most out of them. For example, the opening of a new store in your city or agreements with local sports centers may interest your customers and you will be able to hook them to your publications.
- FAQs section. It is also another very good option to create content. Select the most frequent questions that your clients ask you and add a section on your website to answer them.
By the way! Do not forget to include relevant keywords in your content, such as including the name of your city or location. It is a good way to improve your local positioning in the ranking of the main search engines.
4. Register in local directories
It is another relevant factor that Google takes into account when displaying search results. Analyze in which local directories your competition is displayed and select sites where you want your company’s information to be displayed. For example, Yellow Pages , QDQ , Axesor or Einforma are some options.
5. Be consistent with your contact information
The footer and the Contact page of your website, the Google My Business page, local directories, your Facebook page … There are a thousand sites where you have to write the contact details of your company and the possibilities of making a mistake in a phone number or forget to update the change of address of your company in all these sites are quite high. It happens to all of us!
That is why it is important to check that your NAP information , which corresponds to the name (Name), address (Address) and the contact number of your company (Phone number), is consistent on all pages. Any variation in spelling or formatting error can compromise your Google ranking.
6. That they think of you!
The mentions and reviews left by your customers will help you improve the credibility and confidence of your business and your visibility in Google. It is already a coincidence that if we carry out a search at a local level, the companies that register in Google My Business and have reviews or comments appear in the top positions!
Of course, keep in mind that the reviews are public opinions of your customers, so you may find positive or negative comments about your business. It will be a point in your favor that you answer each one of your comments. Thank the positive comments in a friendly tone and, if you have negative reviews, answer them in an educated and professional manner. Do not forget that negative reviews can help you improve the quality and service of your company.
7. Earn links to your website
It is not the first time we talk about this. Getting quality backlinks to your website is essential for organic search results and to improve the local SEO of your page. That is why it is so necessary to get them to link you naturally, through quality content that may be interesting for your target audience and want to share.
Surely you already know that many aggressive linkbuilding techniques such as the creation of artificial links, purchase, sale or exchange of links are completely penalized by Google.
Optimizing the local SEO of your website will not be a thing of a day. But working on it and implementing small improvements periodically will improve your position in Google. You will see how more and more people are encouraged to visit you in your business and become good customers.