What is meant by negative keywords?
How do I do local seo?
Choosing the right keywords is the basis of all search engine positioning. Getting to the top of keywords that are not searched, is the same as not appear on search engines.
We have to make sure that our keywords have searches and, in addition, possibilities to reach the top positions. Here are 10 tips for choosing the right keywords.
- Put yourself in the place of the users . We must think about what and how a user interested in our product or service would look for. It is something that seems logical, but that many times we forget when determining keywords. However, it is the beginning of the whole process. From putting ourselves in the skin of the user, we can continue with the whole process of analysis and selection of the most optimal keywords.
- Use the Long Tail . Keywords long tail are those combinations of words (from 2 to 5 and ideally) that do not have the highest search index but they do direct the web to a user who is looking for something specific. It is important to avoid generics for two reasons, one is more difficult to position and two, almost no one searches in a generic way.
- Use synonyms So much to optimize the content, as to obtain optimized links, it is important that you use synonyms of keywords and do not focus only on one of them. Using synonyms will make you look more natural against Google.
- Investigate the Competition . Take a look at the Titles and content of the competition to see what keywords are using them.
- Let Google suggest you . When we do a search Google suggests other related searches. It is important to take them into account.
- Tool for Google Adwords keywords . It is a free tool and very useful because it allows you to see the volume of searches, the estimation of traffic, etc. Of course, we must bear in mind that these data are estimated for Adwords.
- Look at trends in Google Trends. Google’s tool to see search trends on the internet. Very useful for online stores that carry out their campaigns on a seasonal basis.
- Google Analytics consulting . Check the keywords that bring more traffic to your website. Analytics is, without a doubt, the best tool to monitor the traffic of your website and learn to use that information in your favor.
- Take time and take it easy . In SEO, there is nothing today for tomorrow. The entire positioning process needs your time and the choice of keywords as well. Check over time that they are correct and look for new words that bring traffic to your website.
- Use common sense All the tools at your disposal should not take you away from the initial point, put yourself in the place of the people. Ask yourself, How would I look for myself on the Internet.