Google says that about 4 out of 5 people use search engines to search for local businesses and companies. So be on the first page of results not only provides better visibility but also generates more opportunity to get new customers.
So what does this mean for your business?
That you can establish a market leadership, most notably competition and gaining more customers with only have an SEO strategy locally .
If you have not yet implemented such tactics are missing the opportunity to dominate the first page of Google and attract more customers for your business.
… keep in mind that local SEO is not a new concept. By contrast, it consists of a wide range of proven practices that can lead your SEO efforts to a whole new level .
What is Local SEO?
It is a set of techniques aimed at increasing the visibility of a website in search of relevant information for users, depending on the geographical location of the same.
Whereas most used search engine by users is Google, appear on the first page of results is guarantee visibility for your company .
What is local SEO?
You know that Internet presence has become a key factor that every company should consider . Especially if you intend to achieve objectives set out in an increasingly complex, competitive and global marketplace.
Internet presence offers this advantage. But not enough just to be on the internet, you have to be visible to your potential customers. And you can do it with a good SEO strategy.
Determining a clear and specific SEO strategy locally , you can:
- Appearing on the first page of Google results.
- Greater visibility and stand out from the competition.
- Have direct communication with your customers.
- Attract new customers.
It is important to clarify that the aim of SEO experts, in general, not only make your website or blog is located on the first search results … but are also planned to get more sales .
C Ontar with an SEO expert can help you achieve these short term goals. If you do not know where to find one, you can click here
How to appear in the first local results of Google to make sure your customers find you?
Each type of search intent has its peculiarities , either geographic location or not. The important thing is that when a user searches for something, Google tries to interpret what he is asking.
And if that consultation is not complete, the search makes decisions for us to better adapt to what we need and offer those he thinks are the best results.
Here’s an example …
Suppose a person needs a gas in the city of Buenos Aires …
is very likely that the user will search Google “in Buenos Aires gas – or gas in Buenos Aires urgent …”
Whereas this person put the city you live in your search this is what you see in the results offered by Google.
As you can see, Google will prioritize search intent on the geographical location and display the results of Gasistas in Buenos Aires.
So it is essential that contributions precise and specific about your business or company information , because Google will decide what is most relevant to the person doing the search.
With this in mind, we created this brief 5 – step guide to help you build a truly effective SEO strategy.
1) Implement SEO locally
Everything works for traditional SEO can be integrated with local SEO campaigns . The same goes for the optimization of the page. This is necessary to make your site is indexable, relevant and perfectly optimized for search engines.
Here are some practices for optimizing your page that you should consider.
- Optimizes title. Titles not only influence the rankings, but also increase the click rate. Make sure they are unique and include your brand. And consider that to be fully displayed, they must be between 55 and 60 characters and appear at the beginning.
- Add your main keyword your “meta” (or meta tag). These are HTML tags which serve to provide a description of the page content to the search engines. It looks like this: <meta name = “description” content = “This is the meta description of the page” />.
Why is it interesting to include them?
For 2 main reasons :
# 1: Influences visits – When a user sees your page in the search engine results make the decision to click on the link based on the information displayed before him. An important part of that information is in the meta description, so if the text of the holder is sufficiently persuasive , the chances that your page click soar.
# 2: Influences dissemination – not only search engines use the meta description text, but many social networks also use it to share pages. A powerful description encourages the user to click . And in the same way that occurs in search engines, once consumed your content, it is easier to share them .
- Optimize the URL of your landing page by making them legible, clean and well optimized. Note that Google penalizes exact match domains or have stuffed keywords. That is why you should follow the “businessname.com/topic-topic” structure to avoid being penalized.
- Add a Google map with the commercial bookmark to your landing page.
2) Highlight your business in online directories
To attract more customers to your site and increase conversion rates, you must include your company among commercial online directories. Of course, you need to be in the highlights, like Yelp, Citysearch and Merchant Circle.
In Latin America you can choose from:
In addition to these major directories, you should also pay attention to some authorized local directories , which can serve as a resource for creating missing links.
… If your company offers services in a small area near your location, you will have to make an optimization of search engines. One way to do this is on the list of local business directories as the Chamber of Commerce in your area. So you’re going to increase drastically, your SEO efforts.
Remember that if you need to know more about how to have the guidance of a professional SEO you can get more information here
For these efforts bear fruit you have to keep the data of your company . Mainly: name, address and phone number (NAP) of your company in all the data collectors.
Make sure you’ve entered the information correctly. Abbreviation, misspelling and incorrect phone number can endanger your relevance in Google.
3) Give you high on Google My Business
In general, Google My Business (GMB) falls into the category of a directory, but it’s more than that. It is a platform able to generate your business holistically.
This platform can significantly increase exposure and transparency of the website. And this makes creating and optimizing the pages of Google My Business is essential for all companies wishing to improve their rankings, increase website traffic and beat your competitors.
When you set up your page on Google My Business, you must include the following information:
- Write a genuine description, formatéala properly and includes all important links.
- Select the correct categories for your business.
- Use profile pictures and cover photos high resolution.
- Upload many photos.
- Add a correct phone number and address of your company.
- Place what your hours are.
4) Take advantage of local reviews
Local reviews are crucial for classifications local search and conversions.
That’s exactly the reason why you can not afford to ignore when you build your local SEO strategy.
To harness the full power of this practice, you should stick to the following tactics:
- Your business must appear in major review platforms, such as Google My Business, Facebook and Yelp.
- Check if your company appears in all important and relevant sites based on your geographic location.
- Read the guidelines before starting to request revisions on any of these platforms.
- Dedicated a page on your site reviews and online comments.
- Invite your customers to comment on their own accounts.
- Never ask too many reviews at once. (A massive amount of reviews can be seen as spam).
- Do not be afraid of the negative reviews. They should inspire you to constantly improve your services and products.
- You have to be professional and polite to respond to reviews. Both positive as well as negative.
5) Make sure your site is functional for mobile devices
Studies show that it is expected that the number of users of mobile devices worldwide reach 5,070 million in 2019. And currently 9 out of 10 people connect to the Internet and browse from their mobile devices .
According to these amazing facts, we can conclude that optimizing your site should be focused on mobile users . Because this is no longer optional. It is mandatory for all who want to survive in this crowded environment of digital marketing .
So you can take full advantage of local SEO strategy, we leave these suggestions to optimize your site for mobile devices:
- Increase the speed of your website by optimizing images, reducing the code, using the browser caching and minimizing redirects.
- Improving the mobile user experience by offering a simpler navigation, search boxes visible, simple menus and forms easy click.
- Show your products clearly. To do this you have to ensure that product images are scalable from any mobile.
- Never use pop-ups, because they lead to higher bounce rate.
- Do not block CSS and Java because they show Google if your web design is receptive.
- Schema.org uses markup helps search engines to gather more information about your business.
Increase your ranking on Google, get more traffic and make a difference with your competitors.
Finally, these are just some of the many steps to take to boost your local SEO efforts.
With the help of the practices mentioned above, you can increase your ranking in the SERP (Search Engine Results or meaning in Spanish: search engine results “) generate more traffic to your site and distinguish yourself from the competition.
And if you are considering resorting to the services of one expert SEO freelancer to put all this into practice and attract new customers, we leave the link so you can find them in just 4 steps.
We hope to know which of these techniques and resources you are implementing in your local SEO strategy. And what were your results.
Leave us your comment!