When writing a post for the blog we usually do to position a single keyword, but did you know that you can position more keywords in the same post?
Yes, Google ranks several keywords within the same article and, in today’s post, I’ll tell you how to optimize posts that you already have posted on your site to recognize more keywords in the search engines and how to recognize these keywords. Google has ranked . Let us begin!
Before going into the subject and explain how to get this optimization of various keywords , I’ll give you a clear example. Imagine that you have already written a post on your blog and you wanted to position it with the keyword “table” and, once published, Google detects that this post can also be positioned with keywords such as “furniture” or “dining table”. And is that when writing a post, if you think about it, in many cases we also repeat certain words that could be positioned but that, in the traditional way, they will not get to rank correctly in the search engines.
However, it is important to perform this action for several reasons:
- The first one is, obviously, to have more keywords positioned , something that will help you attract more organic visits to your post and, therefore, to your website.
- This, in turn, means that, when receiving more visits, the main keyword has more importance and, in turn, continues to climb positions in the ranking of search engines .
So, by doing this, we are getting more visibility, more visits and more keywords positioned . Interesting, right? Next, I’ll explain how you can do it.
How to optimize your content with new keywords and SEO on page
Step 1. Choosing the post to optimize
It seems that, after what I have said before, all are advantages and that you have to apply this strategy in all the published contents in order to enjoy a good SEO positioning. But no, this is a mistake.
Normally, to me, this type of optimization takes about 30 minutes, so it is essential to choose a specific post and not try to optimize all the posts published , as it would be very unproductive, so it is important to focus on certain specific posts. So, how do you know which posts you have to re-optimize?
The variable to take into account to choose the post to optimize is the number of visits that blog entry already has.Choose one that already has a reef and a large number of visits per month . Those that have already been published and have gone almost unnoticed are not adequate for this strategy, since it will not have the same effect on them.
In my particular case, when doing this strategy I have seen the best results in a post with more than 1000 visits and with the main keyword ranking in fifth position. Based on this, as a tip, choose those posts that :
- Have more organic traffic.
- More volume of searches.
- And, if possible, they are with the keyword ranking in the first position .
Step 2. Searching the keywords
Once you have defined the post that you are going to optimize again, it is time to start looking for the keywords by which you are going to position .
To see what keywords Google has detected that could be used for optimization, you can use tools such as Ahrefs or SEMRush , two very complete tools that will help you improve your SEO strategy, both in this particular case and in SEO in general. . These tools will help you to see the keywords that have been positioned without being worked in a specific way since, at the time of writing the post, we have focused on working a single keyword, and those that identify these tools are closely related but have not come to work as the main keyword.
When doing this search of keywords you will see how the keywords that the tools mention are very similar to the one that you have positioned with the post and that share the same theme. Once identified, you can start with the optimization of the post to make it clear to Google that we do want those keywords to rank.
Step 3. Choosing keywords
After the previous point you will find yourself with a list of new keywords by which Google believes you could position your article . What should you do with this list?
The first thing is to filter the two best keywords in the list .
The reason for choosing two is that you can not position the post for all the keywords offered by the Google listing because, if not, you would fall into what is known as ‘keyword stuffing’ and you could be penalized for it.
Faced with the question “how to choose these two keywords”, the answer is based on two variables:
- Those with the highest volume of searches .
- Those that are most related to the post .
You have to look for a combination between both variables so that the effect is more positive.
Taking the example of the principle, it would be better to choose “kitchen table” and “garden table” before furniture, because although “furniture” has more visitors has a less direct relationship with the main keyword of “tables.”
Step 4. SEO optimization on page
We reach the last point: the optimization of the post on page to be able to include the keywords that have been chosen beforehand.
To perform the optimization you will have to perform two actions and, with this, you will tell Google that you were right and that you can start positioning your post with those keywords .
- The first action to take is to enter the keyword . You will have to enter the or the two chosen keywords in several points of the body of the text and, in addition, they will have to be entered in a H2 to give it more relevance.
- The second action is to perform an internal linking strategy . At this point you will have to introduce internal links to the post from other contents of the web page and blog , always using the keyword as anchor text. To know which posts link is highly recommended that these are as close as possible to the post that you are optimizing . How to get this? Inserting in Google the following: “site: domaindelblog + main keyword of the post” . In our case, we would put ” site: dominiodelblog.com + kitchen table ” being the keyword “kitchen table” which we want to start positioning. With this, Google will show you the results more related to the post and, thanks to the MOZ tool , you can choose those that have a higher PA . After all this, the posts that you have chosen will be with which you link the post that you are optimizing.
By doing all this you are confirming to Google that you want to position your post with these keywords and will quickly start ranking them by increasing their position and increasing visits and, by extension, making the main keyword of the post also improve its positioning