There are many tools that help us evaluate, control and improve the SEO positioning of the chosen keywords. Every time there are more SEO tools to opt for, with new features that support us on a daily basis.
We are in a very competitive environment where the optimization of keywords based on the content of the page, making personalized documentation, turns out to be vital to improve search engine positions . In addition, you must have a very good linkbuilding strategy, with an adequate possession of internal and external links that point to the web . For all this, it is key to have adequate SEO tools to help us in these tasks .
Among the most popular SEO tools are: SEMrush, GTmetrix, Pingdom, Screaming Frog, Google Search Console, Ahrefs, Majestic, Open site explorer or SIXTRIX . Depending on what we need them for or the aspect we want to analyze, we can use one or the other. For example, if I want to optimize the links that point to the web or see those of the competition, it is recommended to use Ahrefs or Majestic, but if I want to analyze other aspects, such as the speed of the page, I would focus on Pingdom or GTmetrix, which they measure the “health” of the web’s load (the ideal is to be above 80/100).
How to choose the SEO tools you need?
Given this multitude of SEO tools, we pose the following questions:
How many tools do I have to manage? Will I go out for a “pasture” buy all these tools? Which would be the most important to use? What do I have to value to decide on one or the other? We analyze it in these 5 points:
- Depending on the functionality of the use, it would value whether it is free or paid . I would make a mix.
- Evaluate the tools that help us in more than one task within the processes of control and SEO improvement .
- Focus on no more than 3-4 SEO tools , those that really help me on a day to day basis.
- Select the tools not only by looking at the internal analysis, but also by providing us with knowledge of what the competition does in the same market we work with.
- Assess the ease of use of the same and the possibility of integrating in a dashboard of internal data to assess monthly improvements in organic positioning.
In short, before choosing SEO tools, let us analyze what functions are essential for the project and focus on them. A good choice of SEO tools is increasingly important to detect the possibility of improvement in search engines .