This article is not just a “copy-paste” an infographic that has become viral on the web with trends in social networks 2014 , but we have collected and analyzed more than a dozen of them to select the most relevant information, and in one place you can find the most outstanding of which was the 2013 and expectations for 2014 data , including extras statistics, charts and tips for numbers, are not just numbers.
It is quite long, so we started already!
A bit of everything: Review of 2013 and 2014 trends in social networks
2013 was the year in which they were the foundation of what will really be consolidated trend in the future .
Let ‘s look at some facts that confirm:
- The mobile devices will increasingly playing an important role, considering that more than 60% access social media content through them.
In its Q4 report, Facebook said that 53% of its profits come from the “mobile ads”, which means “only” 1.25 trillion. If Facebook it does, then go ahead, you too!
- 80-20 “rule was consolidated as content sharing. Proven its effectiveness, brands now respect and apply more than ever: 20% of the content should talk about the brand, and 80% should be general information and to provide something really good in the lives of users.
Facebook, in the same announcement of Q4, reported that its personalize content : from pubicidades, through devices, formats, content, sales, email marketing, etc.
- Microvideo: this type of content, will play a dogfight with images , and become increasingly popular thanks to the show already it occurred with Instagram 15 seconds and then with Vine, introduced by Twitter.
- Social Selling: sales through social networks are already considered part of the new sales model. Since the web became social, organizations adapted their processes to avoid being left out of this canal, and along with this, the customer is not detached from these platforms.
Now, let ‘s look at the general trends with a little more detail, following this infographic prepared by TalkWalker. The following aspects will be the focus of investment and attention by the marketing community:
Notwithstanding these previous issues, according to the report made (below expand) by The Content Marketing Institute, companies invest in social media, but are still doubting their effectiveness , and this shows that there is still a long way to continue working on the building trust and investment in social networks. There is no doubt that we are just at the beginning of a cycle.
The Search Engine Journal, in its infographic gives us some insights that will allow us to design new strategies for this year:
- 93% of marketers use the social networks for businesses (= be in social networks, is no longer an option, it is an obligation).
- 70% of brands already present in Google + (= is the protagonist of all SEO strategy factor, if you want to be found, you must first be in G +)
- 34% of marketers have been able to successfully generate sales through Twitter.
- Facebook, Twitter and G + , 3 platforms are most commonly used by businesses and marketers.
Tip: The key is to have prophets and brand advocates
- 70% of marketers have succeeded in gaining new customers through social networks.
Extra data 1: 57% of users rely more on the opinion of its contacts , which you can tell the brand itself about a product or service.
Extra information 2: 47% of social network users say that Facebook has generated greater impact on your purchasing decision than any other social network.
- Conclusion: you must consent to your audience to speak well of you and influence your immediate environment . That will be the best advertisement. Reinforces this by creating contests, promotions and those actions that make your followers feel that it pays to be connected to your brand . Do not stop reading this article if you want to get ideas to implement in your community.
In behavior and uses social media
A small summary of infographics we were coming analyzing of The Search Engine Journal :
In USA, the time consumed per hour in social media, is 15 minutes.
71% of social media users, devices enter through mobile social networks.
23% of Facebook users accessing their accounts, at least 5 times per day.
44% growth was Twitter compared to last year , positioning itself as the social network of higher growth, outpacing a 33% to Google + and Facebook ranks last, having a fan base that only grew by 23% , in the same period (2012-2013)
After reviewing these data provide an overview of the field of social media, let’s review specifically, the facts and trends in the following aspects:
2- Mobile Devices
1- CONTENT: facts and trends in social networks.
Already in 2013, a report of Custom Content Council, indicated that the budget for content, had risen to $ 44 trillion . No wonder that during 2014, register a significant rise in investment , being the factor around which all companies, no matter the industry, Arman their communication strategies.
The following report by the Content Marketing Institute develops in detail, percentages, budgets, and content marketing trends for 2014, so I found it necessary to share with you.
Some numbers that I found very interesting, were as follows:
- 90% of businesses (B2C) are using content marketing (last year was 86%).
- Only 39% of marketers have a strategy of armed content and documented.
- The 69% of companies who have a strategy content has someone who oversees the strategy.
- 60% of marketers plan to increase investment in content marketing.
- Although the content is the leading factor of the campaigns of brands, 55% of marketers believe their campaigns are ineffective.
Channels and resources (tactics) most commonly used:
88% of businesses (B2C) channel uses social media for marketing content.
72% make blogging as a tactic of content strategy.
72% incorporates videos within the content marketing.
46% develop mobile content.
The most widely used platforms to distribute content:
Linkedin gained prominence among the preferences of companies to share content, climbing 51% last year, to 71% registered until this year.
The images are the protagonists:
Some numbers of Twitter :
- 361% pictures are tweeting more than videos
- 128% more re-Twitteo an image to a video
- 49% favs video is more than an image.
- 62% of shared images are mood
Is there any doubt remains doubt about his role?
Upload and share photos , it is the activity that is done on Facebook:
Remember that if you manage one or more Twitter accounts and Facebook , and plan to increase the visual content in your strategy, you can use the functionality Multiupload of Postcron to upload more than 300 images in seconds, so scheduling and schedule content for all a month or more.
Tip 1: images, fonts, colors and designs 2014.
But beyond these facts we have reviewed, I want to share with you information so they know how to cure or prepare content , following the new trends . Shutterstock (one of the largest banks worldwide images) revealed in its annual report , which was and is the most downloaded and searched content.
These are the results for me are the highlights:
200% more downloads had the flat designs , which shows that this trend is far from being out of fashion.
661% more searches were performed on images with yellow filter, Instagram style.
347% more searches grew photographs that portray people in a situation of real life, and for generating an emotional connection through tenderness and naivete.
Simple aesthetic, clean patterns, bold colors, landscapes, pictures with a lot of depth and flashing lights , is what continues to be imposed this year and are the aspects that were present in the most downloaded content. Cure your photos to have these details and so enchant your audience.
The most searched topics to download:
(Based on this, you can start planning what kind of pictures to share on your pages).
Typography also takes a leading role in design trends, and these font styles, have had a marked increase in preferences for downloads:
+ 14% preference by typefaces with “analog” style
+ 75% flat typefaces with geometric design
+ 36% typefaces inspired “signs” , signs, or product labels. ( Signage design )
Tip 2: Tools to cure pictures and make your social media posts visually appealing!
Do not forget to check before the Total Guide cover dimensions for social networks to heal when the images, you can do it correctly according to the dimensions of each platform.
- Art Studio : is the best choice if you want to create images to share on your social networks in seconds with the right dimensions.
- PicMonkey : ideal for assembling collages and apply a quick edit your pictures.
- Social Image Resizer Tool : Perfect to adjust the image size according to the standards of social media.
- BeFunky : Ideal for fast but complete edition. It includes filters, borders, correction of “red eye”, lighting, etc. The best part is that you can have on your smartphone!
- Easel.ly : for infographics
- Recite : for quotes and turn them into a good visual content.
Tip 3: small tips to make your content shareable.
Data to account and ¡apply !!
previous article , incorporating social networking buttons on each content or channel, be it email, newsletters, blogs, etc., is essential to facilitate and influence the user to a like or to share.
this article , where we analyze what aspects are influencing content, to make it viral.
94% of people share things that can enrich your life and that of others . Before sharing, users consider how informative and useful is really that content.
Remember that through Postcron , you can use the “Content Recommended” tool to get the most viral items for the category of your interest and influencers of your choice. First know what mobilizes your audience, what kind of read news and topics that are most striking, so you you can find, cure, and share something truly relevant to them.
53% vs 34% : the women share more content than men.
Although not your audience immediate goal within your calendar content , you must provide several posts or articles that could be attractive for “her” , as we are always aware of everything and share not only what is important or relevant to us, but also, what it is useful for a relative, nephew, friend, boyfriend / husband, etc.¿O not?
To conclude this section content …
Some facts and tips this excellent infographic
Tip 4: tips for better blogging
2- mobile devices: facts and trends in social networks.
As we well advanced in the general summary we did at the start of this article, the investment in digital content for mobile devices, has become a must for marketers , considering the behavior of consumption last year.
Now we look at some numbers :
- 94% of executives of marketing that have invested in mobile ads were considered satisfied with using this tactic.
- 38% vs 33%. This year increased the use of mobile marketing for businesses (B2B)
- 42.8% vs 35.5% increase is expected this year the budget devices moving over last year.
Data provided Netbiscuits :
- 4, 3.5, and 4.3 are the screen sizes preferred by users.
- The individuals will become increasingly since different devices conform to different situations and contexts . Brands should not only adjust the content to give a “good impression” aesthetics, but it must be contextualized based on usage, functionality of each device, and match the lifestyle and preferences. Customers will begin to judge the marks, if these “details” are not present.
- 74% of users could have “nomophobia”.
Nomofobia is the fear of being disconnected either by the lack of battery, signal loss or misplacement of the device itself. Dependence in a few years, appears to be total. So also the success of the return of smart watches.
- 80% of executives said it will be essential to incorporate strategies for digital content that fit the “multiscreen” . Users “punish” companies if they provide a poor experience, looking to persistent and consistent sessions with the devices. Tip: Use the PageSpeed Insights from Google , you can check the upload speed of your page
- 17.4% traffic of internet worldwide, comes from using smartphones , as recorded until July 2013.
- + 63% of mobile users access the Internet from these devices, and men are the ones who most use them. It matches what we advance in the previous section.
Tip 1: Use Design Responsive
This would be the first step to incorporate the devices within your digital content strategy , and complement your SEO strategy. Why besides necessary, it is even desirable to use it?
1- With CSS3 is easier to develop and customize the website design standards for mobile devices.
2- The content is easy to administer: avoid having to use multiple pages with multiple domains, since only you will use a set of content.
3- Easier to preserve the link of authorship: how only one page for desktop and mobile used, it retains the original link of the author.
4- Google recommends using responsive design, and we know that if Google says, is because Google will benefit those pages to respect that.
If you have not created your own page, remember that WordPress has a wide range of templates with responsive design . Check out this link with 158 options with responsive design
3- SEO: Facts and trends in social networks.
If companies want to remain competitive , they must integrate SEO into your digital marketing strategy, because search engines are and will remain to be the main (not only) source of traffic, and that is why Google has worked so hard to improve the experience users, through its various algorithms . This curve changes, it shows very well:
Here are some trends and how they lift off the old SEO. The next super convenient and complete infographic , I cut the main data of each of its aspects, but do not stop completely review it , because all changes are very important :
- Traffic vs Engagement :
now we must achieve the highest possible engagement between users and gain brand exposure.
- Search engines vs. social networking platforms
now must attract traffic from social networks.
- Technical knowledge vs marketing knowledge .
Now you need to have knowledge to better target marketing strategies SEO.
- Clicks & page views vs Engagement , conversation and profits:
Now: leave the content that was aimed at search clicks, and focus on one that generates participation, conversation and profits.
- Search engine optimization vs. optimization for users
Now: optimization cover a keyword – oriented content, slouch. It is necessary to develop attractive headlines and generate engagement.
- exact match of the linked text vs diversity of keywords
- Competition vs search engine competition in the blogosphere
now no longer compete only in search engines, but the bid will compete with industry and industry blogs, which this strategy will guide efforts to develop content for blogs and social media
- Anonymity vs Personal branding:
Now: be the face of the brand and associate the author with this, it is essential to increase the influence. It will be a necessary tactic SEO strategy.
- Distribution vs Communication:
Now: Use the universe of social media simply as a distribution channel for content to reach more people and more seen, is no longer the key. The content must be uploaded to social networks to generate conversations around him.
- Mention elsewhere vs virality:
Now: the brand exposure should be through the virality of content, not presentations other sites make it through referrals brand.
- Comments vs community:
now you have to use social networks to build relationships and collaboration networks, and just do not comment on other blogs to get backlinks.
Tips: Basic Tips to Improve SEO
1- Register and use Google Webmaster Tool to monitor and check the errors that may exist in your blog or page , and thus improve the performance of your website, your content and SEO efforts.
2- Create your signature link to personal branding and win reputation on the web. In a previous article, we had indicated that 150% more clicks receive the results of the search engine with the mark of the author, and review ways to s acarle out Google + and the use of Authorship.
How to link your profile to the content you create? Check the step by step here .
3- Including keywords in the points that add weight and influence in SEO.
If you still are not sure you understand what SEO , I recommend that you review SEO guide for beginners to prepare in a previous article.
Is a lot of information and to conclude, leave out important data safe, but I think the issues are highlighted in all infographics were:
A) Mobile Devices : everything that has to do with them, it will be important to pay attention and invest. Responsive design, mobile content, personalized and contextual, strategic investment to incorporate the multiscreen in all possible digital marketing actions.
B) Images : photos, quotes, memes, microvideos, infographics, will remain the kings of content this year.
C) Engagement : will look like around which all efforts, either to develop content for SEO strategies for mobile usage will be organized.
Wooow !! ‘You came all the way !! Thank you! Now at least I hope a comment, since you have made such a journey.