Learn SEO blog, it is much simpler than it seems. Therefore, in today’s post, I share with you the basics so that anyone can enter the SEO in the simplest way possible . I assure you that if I could understand the fundamental principles of SEO, then you too can.
Throughout this article I will explain the structuring of SEO, and a number of shortcuts, so you can make simple changes on your site, blog and content.
We have also developed “SEO for Beginners Part 2” , so that once you finish reading this super useful post, you can continue to learn the oootra part of the structure of SEO, which has to do specifically with Pagerank, and all you can do to improve and get more traffic to your site. Do not forget to check it !
My history with the myth of SEO blog:
When I started the blog of Postcron , to be honest, did not have much knowledge about the “theory” of how to build it , optimize it and take it further. I just knew that I loved to write, transmit knowledge and help from my place, other people with their projects and businesses.
That was the day I had to prepare to investigate / study about SEO for bloggers , I ran into a lot of information, words, structures which themselves are not complicated, but they were explained or written in a complicated way , which I generated this feeling:
That (bad) first impression, I think it is because many of the experts who write about this, given the understanding that you already “know something” theme, or who is expert in blogging, HTML, or is a geek super wisely to process big data, which must confess, I am very far from my reality and I think many of you who are reading these lines now.
After having gone through the giant mountain that I did manage to get through, assimilate, and learn (something, I’m still on that road), I decided to do an article for principientes SEO for blog, as simple and friendly as possible , ideal for those like me at the time, they know little or nothing about SEO . What is, what it does and how to apply it on a blog, it is the key to this blog.
WHAT IS SEO?
SEO means Search Engine Optimization . Creole would be: optimization for search engine
I must confess that, years ago, the first time they named me that word, did not know if I were talking about the founder (CEO) of a company or … Yeah. So low had no idea SEO for blogs.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
To Google or other search engines can return the user results that really are useful and relevant to it, they use “spiders” or “spiders” that go out to investigate and analyze each of the web pages to choose those that are high quality and fit the search being done at that time.
The algorithm search engine ponders the relevance and content popularity (among dozens of other factors) and accordingly the ranks and returns the search results as a list, being the most popular, right, first synthesis: the best.
The user relies on intelligence engine and understands that will have more luck by clicking on the first link, which in the tenth on the list, which for those who are on the other side of the wall (GOT, hehe), is the great fear and challenge to overcome.
Know About SEO allows us to optimize our articles, and get more chances of being ranked 1 and not 26.
WHAT AND WHY Know About SEO for blog
Why learn about SEO?
Why is it important to be in the number one spot of Google search results? Because it means two very important things:
So that the contents of your blog are the number one spot on the list of search engine results.
- You’re very good at writing and that people really think that your content is valuable , which gives you a lot of authority, popularity and among other things, makes you feel that all the effort and commitment that you put what you make: worth .
Leaving aside the sentimental … move on to point two:
- That you can make more money ( a lot). It’s crude, but it is real. If you’re in the number one spot or nearby, you have more chances of that click on your link, which means more traffic, more number of leads, sales, subscribers, advertising, sponsors, etc, etc, etc.
STRUCTURE OF SEO BLOG: ON and OFF PAGE PAGE
It is all you can do on your page or article to optimize it and let the spiders find it , analyze, and search engine so positioned in a good position in the ranking of results related to the topic or keyword of your post.
are all those external factors that influence the positioning of your article : popularity on social networks (mentions and how shared s), if other sites are linking your articles, comments, among others (many) things . The search engine ponders all this information to measure the relevance and quality of content, and decide whether it is worth showing it or not.
HOW TO OPTIMIZE YOUR SEO BLOG : Optimization On-Page
Keys or Keywords, words are based on page optimization of your article. Therefore it is very important to use the same as intelligent for that Google spiders can find you and show you .
Otherwise, you can have great content, to be a great writer, but if you do not discover, all that is obsolete.
To define this term, we will use the concept propusto by Wikipedia :
“The keywords will refer to the search criteria that are used on the Internet to find certain information (…) If a webpage for a specific keyword optimized and strategy SEO (search engine optimization) work will ensure that that page is displayed among the first results of the consultation, and getting qualified traffic and sometimes greater opportunities. “
Generally the definition of keywords for articles from our blog, is made based on the actual content of the article you’re writing (because your content should be relevant to the user performing a search), and the search volume of that word on search engines like Google .
To help us define the keywords or keywords, Google tiena a very useful tool, the: Planner Keywords , which not only lets you know the volume of search for the word that you believe convenient for your article, but also offers suggestions of keywords related to the one you entered that can have major search volumes allowing you to access a larger target audience.
Once you have defined what or what are the keys for which you want to position the article of your blog, words are MOZ (one of the companies with more authority on the subject) in its guide beginners, suggests the following “little rules” on where and how often incorporate keywords in each article of your blog .
After this “checklist” developed in more detail each of its points:
At least once in the main title (H1).
At least one or two headings or subtitles.
At least 3 times in the article body.
Who once they are marked in “bold” and “italic”
At least once in the “Alt” of an image (below I’ll show how to do it and why)
Once in the URL
At least once in the Meta description.
In more detail….
- URL optimization of each article of your blog for SEO :
It is important that your URL is not very long, as it can be seen as a spam for spiders, therefore
“It is better to be rather short, and that includes the keywords.”
In most bloggers use platforms, you can edit the URL of your articles, if your original title is long.
Here I show an example on how to edit it in WordPress, which is the platform of our blog:
- Optimization of Title (H1) of your article for SEO : The H1 or main title, is just the first that the algorithm analyzes and pay attention , so you should use this space to place your keyword .It recommends not be the 70 characters (including spaces) in a title since that is the amount shown in the search resultados.Esto also has to do with Twitter , because we must leave enough space so they can share the link, not shorten it .
I also sugieron to pay attention to the basic points that you should consider to write optimized headlines, for which I recommend you visit this post: How to create the perfect blog post? 8 super simple secrets and science test, which will not fail.
- Optimization Subtitles (H2, H3, etc) of your blog post for SEO: The second place where the spiders are directed to analyze the content of your articles are subtitles or headings or H2, H3, H4, (etc ) or how you prefer to tell. We recommend using H2 for these cases, as are those that have more value . Therefore, we recommend placing them in one of the keyword . It is not necessary to do so in each of them, because there will be little natural.No we forget that generate content for our users and readers, not Google. It is therefore good that our content are optimized but always respecting the linguistic rules that allow our readers enjoy them.
- Optimization body content of each article Blog SEO: It is suggested to incorporate at least 3 times the keywords in the article body . They can be a little more, as long as no remains artificial and the text length permitted .Debes take into account the natural use of the keyword is very important because a high density of keywords in a text it can be a negative factor for Google, and consider low quality artículo.De However, rather than keywords, the most important SEO blog is your article. Content, what you write is your best strategy. If quality, original, with good images, videos, and links that serve as a source of true complementary information to your readers, then the rest of the actions you take around it, really function as optimizers.
- Optimizing the Meta description of your article : The tag in the meta description is not a factor charted for the algorithm of Google but it is the text that uses the engine to display the results of the search and therefore should be attractive .In all platforms for bloggers, you can edit the meta description of your tickets from the admin panel of your blog and add your keywords there too.
- Optimization of the keyword in the Alt text of the Images of the items in your blog : Images are also an element that can be optimized for SEO . Colócales a name that has to do with the keyword or the topic, to be shown in the image search results, becoming another source to bring traffic to your blog. Instead of using “aksdbaksjdba254684.jpg” then it includes a short description and good referencing your topic, not the topic itself (no?). Not worth putting: “basesyfundamentosdeseoparabloggers.jpg” alternative text .This is important for search engines because it is an “alternative” to the image, as well as put a descriptive name to the image file, the “Alt-text” or text Alternatively, it is the text that browsers (Chrome, Firefox, etc) show the user if for some reason can not display the image .
Also, keep in mind that this is the text that readers read content to visually diminished capacity, so put something there to explain the meaning of the image.
See how you can define it in WordPress:
In short, we must convenience spiders to understand what you’re writing and so they can analyze and display this article on the results of the search corresponding to this topic.
Well, this is basic and essential to keep in mind regarding “On page optimization”
HOW TO OPTIMIZE YOUR SEO BLOG : Optimization Off-Page
As for Off page optimization, remember that you are all those external factors that affect your blog organic positioning in Google your article.
- Backlinks: are all pages mentioning our article used a link; are external links that point to our artículo.Cuando someone creates a link from outside (from another site / blog), pointing to our article, is generating a backlink and that benefits us, because the more people cite our article on their blogs or sites, spiders that are considered relevant and more weight will your article when positioned in the ranking .Encontrarás on the web that are many packages that offer “backlinks” to be bought, but please try not to, since such actions are not agragado of Google.
An excellent choice and strategy to generate backlinks naturally, is that other colleagues can share your links in your articles . Thus, not only generate community among you, but forms a “chain of favors” that will greatly benefit both sides.
Another option for getting back links within the SEO optimization strategy blog off site, is through “guest blogging”.
This strategy is to participate in other blogs and so, whenever appropriate, incorporate a mention of your site (via a link) or one of your articles, if it provides information on the post you’re writing as guest . Thus generating you find yourself blacklinks. This is an example of how we do it:
- Share your post on social networks. Not only will generate more traffic to your blog, but spiders also look for those posts that have been shared many times, talked about and mentioned in social networks. These are weighty factors when influence search engine positioning because they are synonymous with authority on the subject of the article content ..
Other aspects to consider in SEO Blog
- Choose an easy platform to use and implement SEO strategies.
I recommend WordPress because it is sincerely easier and practice proved me, there is also muuuchos more plugins, widgets, and apps compatible with WP with other platforms, which is ideal for those entering the world of SEO for bloggers.
Our blog for SEO we use a plugin called ” WordPress SEO by Yoas t”. Here I show you how you can, with this plugin from WP, verify that your blog post is properly optimized for SEO.
Once you install the plugin, below your article, note the following:
- Be master of your own domain : it gives confidence to people, and also promote your own brand, not a platform. It is better blog.postcron.com rather than postcron.wordpress.com, for example.
I hope you find them very useful this post, and if anything I missed in this basic guide, please leave me a comment so you can add!
As I said at the beginning of the article I recommend watching:
- Part 2 of this blog SEO Guide for Beginners Bloggers -> “SEO for Beginners Part 2”
- 8 SEO techniques that are ravaging newest right now and that will take your business to the top of Google
- YouTube SEO 10 foolproof tips to position your videos on YouTube and make them ‘as seen’